Friday, September 5, 2008

Gotham Avent-Garde by Tourneau

tourneau gotham avent-garde watch
When I was shopping for my Rollie, I hit up every jewelry shop in San Diego, Los Angeles, hell even Las Vegas trying to get a price break. Apparently those hard-arses from Geneva are sticklers about their retailers providing discounts on their watches. One of the places I tried bargaining with was the Tourneau store in Century City (Los Angeles). Even after offering to pay for the watch in cash, they refused to provide any price breaks. However, they offered to give me a Tourneau-branded watch with a retail value for $700 in lieu of a cash discount. I didn't take the offer since I thought, "Who the hell wants a Tourneau watch?".

Well, I recently saw this Midnight watch which is part of Tourneau's Gotham Avent-Garde collection, and may have formed some new opinions about the company's namesake timepieces. Sporting a large 45mm face and alligator strap with white stitching, the watch is water-resistant up to 100 meters. While we're sure the Valjoux automatic mechanical movement provides accurate performance, we're in love with the watch primarily because of its, well, avent-garde stylings. Funky pimpness.

You can purchase one at tourneau.com for $5450.

via askmen.com

2 comments:

Tourneau said...

I Like tourneau watches

Dan Matrafajlo, Esq. said...

have the watch and love it. i also have to rolex wathces. find this watch as good. dan.