Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yama Syphon Brewer

yama syphon brewer
My bro and his wife are a couple of die-hard coffee aficionados.  They have been contemplating quitting their well-paying Silicon Valley engineering jobs to start their very own coffee truck.  Ummm....not so sure about that one little brother.  In any case, I was looking to find them a unique coffee Christmas gift and found this syphon brewer from one of my favorite coffee houses, Intelligentsia Coffee.  The technology behind this specific coffee making process has been around for over 50 years and it has something to do with one orb being filled with water, then it being heated, then somehow the coffee grounds in the top orb gets saturated...I don't know, I sucked at both chemistry and physics.  But I figure a couple of engineering types would appreciate this Rube Goldberg-esque coffee machinery.  You can buy one for yourself for $100.

No comments: