Friday, March 6, 2009

The Twitter Doctrine

twitter doctrine
I hate meetings. I hate teleconferences. I hate long arse work emails by corporate monkeys pontificating about a bunch of nonsense. That is why I am implementing the Twitter Doctrine in my department. No emails, whether inbound or outbound, can be more than 140 characters long. If you need more than that to get your point across, you need to learn to summarize. No meetings or telecons will last longer than 140 seconds. Most meetings are spent jibber-jabbering about everything but the topic at hand (how was your weekend, no I didn't catch American Idol last night, blah, blah, blah) and often times people will take the opportunity to get on their soapbox and blather on and on. With only 140 seconds, people will be forced to get to the point. Worst case, you can always send around a follow-up email if you missed anything during the meeting. Just make sure to keep it under 140 characters.

No comments: