Friday, October 17, 2008

Sonoma Uncorked

Unlike our G Luxe buddy Shad, I'm not much of a wine guy. I barely can tell the difference between a Pinot and a Chardonnay. It's really quite pathetic when I take a lady out to dinner and I have to defer the wine decision to her since I have no freaking clue on what bottle to order. However, one little tidbit I did pick up from a banker over a closing dinner not to long ago was that Sonoma is just as good, if not better, than Napa in terms of quality of vineyards. If you plan on heading up to Sonoma in the near future, you need to check out Sonoma Uncorked, a great web site that is filled with useful information on vineyards to visit, places to stay, and restaurants to dine at. For example, I found out that for a mere $2, you can attend a wine tasting at the Ristorante Fabiani every Tuesday and Thursday where you get to sample various Sonoma wines paired with delicious Italian appetizers. In addition to useful articles and directories, they've got a number of high-quality video clips. Go to sonomauncorked.com to plan your next Sonoma vacation.

No comments: