Friday, August 29, 2008

50 Feet of Frag

private xbox in theater
Back in college, my buddies and I use to crowd around my 19-inch television and play Goldeneye on my Nintendo till the wee hours of the morning. It's truly a miracle that we all aren't blind today. Well now, Goldeneye has given way to Call of Duty 4 and we've shelved our old-school Nintendo for an Xbox 360, and as a bunch of 30-somethings we still spend a good chunk of the evenings/early mornings fragging each other online.

While shooting my boys Bukknasty, XxDOLOxX, and SEE30 in the arse on my 50-inch flat screen feels mighty good, I can only imagine how much better it would be on a 50-foot screen. Well Cineplex Entertainment, a Canadian movie theater operator, has recently started to rent out its theaters during downtime to gamers who want to plug in their Xboxes to the big screen. Cineplex theaters across Canada will be offering 2-hour sessions for $179 plus tax where up to 12 players will be able to get their frag on. The only problem is that most of the available time slots will be early in the morning, and we don't figure gamers who would drop almost two bills to play in a movie theater are exactly morning people.

Read more at cbc.ca.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Blog Jaba.... Although some may think this is sad, it is 100% true... We love the brotherhood of joining together online no matter the location of our squad mates.. If a time is selected, we are expected to be online... Even though I dominated my squad mates and online "yuppies" on my fuzzy 27", I have also upgraded to a large flatscreen (62").. Now shooting the wings off of a fly or my friends arse is like putting a hot knife through butter.. This time shared between friends is like smoking a cigar after having a big steak....PRICELESS