Thursday, March 27, 2008

Luxe of the Day: Vespa S

Vespa S

There are days when I dream of packing everything up and moving to some beach town in the Mediterranean and live out the rest of my life in Euro-Luxe fashion. I can envision working on my laptop while sipping a latte at some quaint cafĂ©, smoking a Cuban cigarillo, enjoying the olive-skinned beauties walking by…life would be good. No, life would be great.

If I ever do decide to jump continents, I can guarantee you that my transportation of choice will be this recently-debuted Vespa S by Italian manufacturer Piaggio. The Vespa S is a wonderful marriage of today’s technology and retro-styling, representing a modern twist on the iconic Vespino scooters that were so popular both in Europe and State-side during the sixties and seventies.

The Vespa S is powered by an eco-friendly 150cc 4-stroke engine that can power it up to highway speed (ok, barely highway speed since the scooter maxes out at 59 mph). Like all Vespas, the steel body is made of a single sheet of metal which gives provides overall rigidity and strength and leads to better handling characteristics. The best part of the Vespa is its price: at $4099, you’ll barely have to tap that trust fund of yours. Hell, at that price, buy a few of your buddies one as well. Go to VespaUSA.com to learn more.

No comments: