Monday, June 1, 2009

BMW M3 Edition


Even though I'm a Porsche guy, the BMW will always have a special place in my heart. My first was a 1995 BMW 318i (bought for me by my folks) and my second was a 2000 BMW 325ci (bought with my own hard earned cash). I loved both cars and thought real hard about buying an M3 after I traded in the 325ci before settling on a Porsche. With another trade-in likely in the next 12 months, BMW has just made the decision a wee bit harder with the introduction of the limited M3 Edition. Most of the changes relative to the "base" M3 are cosmetic: bespoke paint schemes (Alpine White Non-Metallic, Black Non-Metallic, Dakar Yellow Non-Metallic, and Monte Carlo Blue Metallic), black-finished twin kidney grille, fender vents, mirror caps, darkened chrome quad exhaust tips, and a few interior tweaks. The non-aesthetic changes include a slightly lower suspension and special 19-inch double-spoke wheels. The M3 edition will be in dealers starting in July and will only be available for six months.

1 comment:

AD said...

Now we're cooking with hot truffle oil!! This would be smoking, and you it gives you a bit of trunk room for the golf clubs and weekend bag when driving up to LA.