Monday, October 20, 2008

Carnevino

Carnevino
I hate to admit it, but I'm spending this Friday night watching Rachel Ray on the Food Network. Hey, I'll be partying it up for five straight days in Cabo later this week so I need to get me some rest. Well the plumptuous (it's a new word I made up, no need to go to dictionary.com) Mrs. Ray was vacationing in Las Vegas and did a segment on the Carnevino steakhouse located in the Palazzo Hotel. As the name implies, Carnevino combines the best meats with a World-class wine selection. Opened in January 2008 by partners chef Mario Batali and winemaker Joe Bastianich, the steakhouse offers beef that is completely free of hormones and antibiotics and are all aged and prepared with "a blend of sea salt, black pepper and fresh rosemary to achieve a delicious and slightly charred crust". In addition to steaks, the restaurant also offers its guests a selection of modern Italian cuisine that is Mario Batali's calling card.

Rachael Ray called it the best steakhouse in Las Vegas and while I'm not sure whether that is simply hyperbole or a statement of fact, I do know the steaks looked amazing. Without a doubt, the G Luxe Crew will definitely be trying out this promising steakhouse on our next Vegas run.

No comments: